The 2021 Sacramento Safari has been cancelled due to COVID-19 and health concerns.
Sacramento Safari is an educational and advocacy-training trip to Sacramento. Through scheduled visits to the Legislature and representatives, participants learn how the legislative system works and about advocacy and pending legislation. It will be held in February annually and is open to all interested members. High school students are invited to attend but must be accompanied by a chaperone.
Visit the Thirty-Third District PTA Sacramento Safari website for all applications, documents, FAQs and more.
- Extraordinary speakers
- Meetings with your legislators, when possible
- Legislative committee meetings, when possible
- General Sessions of the Senate or Assembly, when possible
- Guided tour of the Capitol, optional
- Meetings with PTA advocates
Each unit or council sending a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT must provide a chaperone. Thirty-Third District PTA will provide a certificated teacher as part of the program.
For questions about the program, please email our Director of Advocacy, Anita Avrick.